The expression "No one gets out of this world Alive" is a great truth. I should disclose that as a little boy until, perhaps, 7 years ago, the possibility of losing my parents terrified me.
Today I write about this because I am amazed about my peace and the way I have accepted the almost simultaneous loss of my parents. Let me share some tips that I feel that have helped me and could help someone else in this situation:
- We should see this life as a crossing, a journey. This life is NOT FOREVER!
- During this journey, we must try to make a positive impact in this world.
- What makes our body function is energy or spirit. When the energy leaves our body, it goes to another dimension. Remember that energy changes or transforms but doesn't get destroyed.
- You must try to be at peace with your beloved ones. The departure of a loved one at the moment when there are unsolved conflicts can be very traumatic from a psychological point of view and slows down the process of healing after the loss.
- Last but not least, Make sure that they know - You LOVE THEM!!